Finding Beauty, Goodness, and Truth (Day 16)
Mommy – The cards that the kids made for the nursing home residents were beautiful.
Peanut – I made origami animals for Toshi and MiniLu.
Little Bit – We made cards for the elderly people.
Daddy – Good times with the older girls, watching a movie together (The Croods).
Peanut – Giraffes have purple tongues (helps them to not get sunburned).
Toshi – Giraffes eat leaves and branches.
MiniLu – Thankful that nobody that we know has coronavirus.
Mommy – Thankful for the free lunch/breakfast that the county is handing out.
Day 16 Activity Journal
- 3-mile jog for Mommy
- More lessons from Duolingo
- Home Safari presented by the Cincinnati Zoo (finished giraffes, started flamingos)
- MiniLu’s distance learning (online PE, Chinese song, and academics)
- Pnut’s & LittleBit’s distance learning (frustrating moments for them both, and a long day for both)
- Picked up free lunch/breakfast for the kids from a local high school
- FitnessBlender Yoga for PE (Peanut & Little Bit)
- Made pictures, origami, and cards for nursing home residents
- Video chat with Auntie La
- No outside time today (rainy & cold)
It was hard today. It was a rough day of homeschooling for the older 2 (and took longer than usual). In the middle of the day, my only thought was, “This day sucks.” Obviously I was in a bad mood myself. I continue to grieve the closure that I badly wanted for this school year. My last year of not working outside of the home. Last year of Toshi being both mine and Allan’s daytime buddy. I continue to grieve.
Abba Father, You are good. When all is said and done, I know that we are in good hands. I trust You. This hurts in many ways, but I know You are with me. There is a lot to be grateful for. Amen.